In Maths today we are continuing to learn about 'more than' and 'less than' or 'greater than' and 'fewer than' - they are just different ways of saying the same thing. Don't forget about 'equal to' though, when two amounts are the same, they are equal.
1. First of all we would like you to watch this episode of Numberblocks! It's called, 'Blockzilla!' Pay close attention to the shape & direction of Blockzilla's mouth! https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0blsqtz/numberblocks-series-3-blockzilla
2. Then we are going to sing Mr. Johnson's favourite maths song of the year - sorry if it gets stuck in your heads at home mums and dads! https://youtu.be/M6Efzu2slaI
3. You've probably already heard lots of the 'whizzy words' in the Numberblocks episode and the Alligator song but go through them all again to make sure you know what they all mean.
4. Watch the video explaining my pet alligators. I have a 'more than' alligator, a 'less than' alligator and an 'equal to' alligator.
5. Then you need to make your own 'more than', 'less than' and 'equal to' alligators. Best alligators win a golden award!
6. Once you have made your alligators you're going to need them to work through the questions. They're going to want to chomp the biggest number which is being represented by different objects. If you have something you can 'build it' with like me. This will help you to see which is more than the other because the towers of cubes will be bigger.
7. Have a go at putting your alligator in between some numbers of your own!
Finally, why not sing the alligator song one more time! You know you want to... "There was an alligator, livin' in the swamp.."