Today in Phonics we would like you to work through the photographs and videos. Do not forget to use your sound mats to help you...
A. Warm up your Phonics brain and think back to when we learnt the 'oo' sound. Can you segment the sounds in the three words (see the pictures) and write them in your red books?
1. Practise writing the date in your red books - paying particular attention to the spelling of the day of the week.
2. Talk about the date. Ask questions like, "How many days left in October?" "How long until Halloween?" etc. Talk about what activities you are going to do today and what the weather is like today.
3. Draw the correct weather symbol next to the date for this morning's weather.
4. Practise your handwriting in your book - today it is letter Uu - sorry mine are wobbly on the laptop mouse pad!
5. Practise all of the sounds on the letter wall AND/OR...
6. Join in with me pointing to the sounds on the letter wall.
7. Can you think of any words with the 'ear' sound in.
8. Did you get any of the same words as me? Do not forget to use you 'robot' arms to blend the sounds with me.
9. Can you write the 'alien word' (it is a made-up word) but can still be read by blending the sounds together. Do not forget to put sound buttons on!
10. Play 'Picnic on Pluto' on www.phonicsplay.co.uk (log in using Username: march20 Password: home - click resources at the top and its the third game on the top row. Click 'start', then 'phase 3', then click '+ear' on the last line of set 1-7 - the children will know what to do from here!)