Today in Phonics we would like you to work through the photographs and videos. Don't forget to use your sound mats to help you...
1. Warm up your Phonics brain and think back to when we learnt the 'or' sound. Can you segment the sounds in the three words (see the pictures) and write them in your red books.
2. Practise writing the date in your red books - paying particular attention to the spelling of the day of the week.
3. Talk about the date. Ask questions like, "How many days left in October?" "How long until Halloween?" etc. Talk about what activities you are going to do today and what the weather is like today.
4. Draw the correct weather symbol next to the date for this morning's weather.
5. Practise your handwriting in your book - today it is letter X x.
6. Practise all of the sounds on the letter wall up to 'ure'.. Follow the magic circle! Watch carefully, it might try and trick you!
7. Can you think of any words with the 'er' sound in?
8. Did you get any of the same words as me? Don't forget to use you 'robot' arms to help blend the sounds with me.
9. Can you write the 'alien word' (it is a made up word) but can still be read by blending the sounds together. Don't forget to put sound buttons on!
10. Play 'Buried Treasure' on www.phonicsplay.co.uk (log in using Username: march20 Password: home - click resources at the top and its the first game on the top row. Click 'start', then 'phase 3', then click '+er' on the last line of set 1-7 - the children will know what to do from here!)