1. Can you sing along with the counting song: https://youtu.be/EbgwPx6mYu4 Remember to use your fingers to count as you sing.. can you do it fast enough? Remember when you get to the number 11-20 they are all 10 and some extra ones.
2. Read through the 'Whizzy Words'. This vocabulary is going to be useful in today's maths lesson.
3. Watch the video of Mr Johnson modelling comparing two amounts of spooky objects! Join in with him.
4. Watch the second video of Mr Johnson modelling comparing two amounts of spooky objects! Join in with him.
5. Watch the video of Mr Johnson explaining your independent task for today in maths. The most important part of todays maths lesson is to try and use the right vocabular. Instead of 'bigger' and 'smaller' can you say 'greater/more' and 'fewer/less'. Don't forget if you come across two objects with the same amount you can say, "They are the same." or e.g. "7 is equal to 7" - they mean the same thing! Feel free to compare amounts of things around your house instead of our pictures!
6. Work through the remaining examples & choose your own two sets of objects from the photo.
Have fun comparing!