Yaxley Infant Community School is a Maintained Community Infant School fully funded by Cambridgeshire County Council. The governors agree to accept the Admission Policy guidelines produced by Cambridgeshire County Council.
Children are admitted to school at the beginning of the school year (September - August) in which they are 5. The online application process opens in September and closes on 15th January. Parents are advised if they have been successful in securing a place on 16th April. Applications received after 15th January (but before 1st May) will hear on 13th May.
PAN for Yaxley Infant School (Pupil Admission Number) – 60 for each year group
The PAN which has been determined for Yaxley Infant School is 30. This is the number of pupils which can be accepted for each class unless Cambridgeshire Admissions determine otherwise, usually following an appeal.
Yaxley - that part to the south of Broadway and odd numbers on Broadway. In case of equal merit in each set of criteria (see below) priority will go to children living nearest the school as measured by a straight line.
The criteria are listed in order.
- Children who have a Statement of Special Educational Need (SEN) or Education Health Care Plan (ECHP) which names the school. Those children with a statement of SEN / ECHP that does not name the school will be referred to the Statutory Assessment Team (SAT) to determine an appropriate place.
- Children in Care, also known as Looked After Children (LAC), an children who were previously Looked After but ceased to be so by reason of adoption, a residence order (now known as a child arrangement order) or Special Guardianship Order;
- Children who appear to have been in state care outside of England and ceases to be in state care as a result of being adopted;
- Children living in the catchment area with a sibling (child living in the same home) at the school at the time of admission.
- Children living in the catchment area.
- Children living outside the catchment area with a sibling at school at the time of admission.
- Children of members of staff, proving they have been employed for a minimum of two years and / or recruited to fill a vacant post for which there is a demonstrable skills shortage;
- Children who live outside the catchment area, but nearest the school as measured by a straight line.
These criteria have been taken from 'The First Steps' booklet provided by the LA, and this is available online at https://www.cambridgeshire.gov.uk/asset-library/imported-assets/First%20Steps%202020-21%2016.09.19.pdf
In cases of equal merit in each set of criteria, the priority will go to children living nearest the school as measured by a straight line. The distance, for admissions purposes, is measured using a straight line from the centre point of the home to the centre point of the school as determined by the National Property and Land Gazetter (NPLG). These distances are produced by the LA (Local Authority) Admissions Team for the school. For families living outside the catchment area covered by the Cambs mapping system, distances are determined using a combination of local maps and on-line resources.
Where parents/carers are unsuccessful in securing a place at our school, information and guidance for the Appeals process is available online at
Cambridgeshire County Council - Admissions Department or phone 0345 0451370.
September Foundation Stage Intake
Please refer to the Cambridgeshire County Council School Admissions website for detailed information on the application process. We always welcome visitors so just ring and book in a tour to meet the team and join in the fun here at Yaxley Infant School.
In Year Applications
Please refer to the Cambridgeshire County Council School Admissions website for detailed information on the transfer process including an application form.