Maths this week follows on from our learning last week. This week we are learning how to use the vocabulary of 'more/greater than' and 'less/fewer than'.
1. Watch the video and sing along but most importantly can you use your fingers to represent the number being said in the song. (Grown-ups, you might want to pause the video and try and catch the children out to see if they have the right number of fingers up). https://youtu.be/dk9Yt1PqQiw
2. Read through the 'Whizzy Words'. This vocabulary is going to be useful in today's maths lesson.
3. Ask questions involving the 'Whizzy Words', e.g. Are there the right amount? Are there too many? Are there enough? What happens if we compare the number of bears with the number of bowls? etc.
4. Complete the task and repeat the above kind of questions.
5. Complete the task and repeat the above kind of questions.
6. This is a video of myself modelling how to complete the following two pictures (7 & 8). We use "say it," "build it," "draw it" and "write it" (but don't worry about 'write it' just yet at home).
7 & 8. Have a go at these questions in your book. Remember.. try and keep using the words from the whizzy words page!